YOU KNOW YOU’RE A NURSE WHEN:
1. You have a bladder of steel.
2. You can concentrate so hard you look up and 8 hours have passed.
3. Exercising is walking the psych patients through the hospital tunnels.
4. There is no topic off limits during dinner.
5. Your feet still ache the morning after a shift.
6. Friends call you and tell you things about them you never wanted to know.
7. You use bandage tape like duct tape.
8. You can carry on an entire conversation in acronyms only.
9. You've eaten applesauce and graham crackers for lunch... from your medcart.
10. You can drink a pot of coffee, then go home and go to bed.
11. Eating cake and ice cream at 6am is perfectly normal …at the nursing station.
12. You carry a variety of Band-Aids, gauze, preps and pain relievers in your purse.
All readers who leave a comment during Nurses Week from May 6 to May 12, 2014 will receive a Capsule Nurses Kit in the mail. Don't miss out on joining in our Nurses Week posts!